So you think you want to be a submissive? Here’s a few questions and thoughts which might help you decide. Trust me, this is just scratching the surface of the complex world of a submissive.
- Are you strong? Not physically, but emotionally? Are you strong enough to put another person’s needs before your own? To relinquish your power – all except the power to use your safeword?
- Do you take direction well? A large part of being a submissive is obedience.
- Can you accept punishment? For those times why you disobey either intentionally or unintentionally, there will be consequences. You must be willing to accept these consequences humbly, willingly, and gracefully.
- Are you patient? Another large part of being submissive to another is to wait. Wait for that person’s pleasure, his/her decisions, his/her commands, his/her praise.
- Are you intelligent? Seriously, I know this sounds rude, but honestly, a good submissive must be able to think for her/himself with the best interest of both partners in mind. Dominant are not perfect. No one is. They often need as much guidance as the submissive does, just in a different way.
- Can you communicate well? This, dear ones, is key. Your dominant simply must know what you think, what you feel, what you need, what you want, what fears lie inside of you, what dreams lie there as well. He/She is not a mind reader. If He/She can’t give you these things if you don’t communicate them clearly.